| 50 Seeds |
Pink with fuchsia sprinkled throughout. This is a long-standing series is a grower favorite due to early flowering and being compact in the pack. They are sure to please due to bright, vivid colors. The home gardener won’t be disappointed either because the plant is chock full of flowers, making it ideal for borders and combo planters. Large, vivid flowers. Thrives in hot and dry conditions. Winner of the Dallas Arboretum's "Flameproof" award for outstanding performance in extreme heat. Height: 8 to 15", 10 to 12" spread.
Flower Garden – Tips on Growing Portulaca From Seed
- Keep media moist and near saturation by watering before planting seed.
- Do not cover or bury the seed, just press lightly into the wet soil, as Portulaca seeds needs light for germination.
- Place in a bag at a temperature of 75-80F or seal the seed tray inside a polythene bag until after germination, which usually takes 7- 14 days.
- Germination temperature is 75-80°, germination will take 7-14 days. Start sowing 6-8 weeks before transplanting.
- Transplant into your garden after all frost possibilities are past.
- You can transplant the seedlings when they have 4 true leaves 5-8 inches apart.
USDA Hardiness Zone -First Frost Date- Last Frost Date
- Zone 1 -July 15th -June 15th
- Zone 2 -August 15th- May 15th
- Zone 3 -September 15th May 15th
- Zone 4 -September 15th May 15th
- Zone 5 -October 15th April 15th
- Zone 6 -October 15th April 15th
- Zone 7 -October 15th April 15th
- Zone 8 -November 15th March 15th
- Zone 9 -December 15th February 15th
- Zone 10 -December 15th January 31st (sometimes earlier)
- Zone 11 _No frost. No frost.