|10 Pelleted Seeds|
This exciting new coleus features extra large leaves on plants that grow 18"-20" tall in the garden. Is a great eye-catching coleus for large pots or for the landscape. Vibrant rose centre surrounded by agreen edge. 10 Pelleted Seeds per Package.
Flower Garden - Tips on Growing Coleus From Seeds
Stage 1 Radicle (Embryonic Root)
- Moisten the media before sowing the seed. If the media is watered after sowing, make sure seeds are not washed away.
- Light is beneficial during germination, or cover very lightly with vermiculite.
- Germination takes approximately 4-5 days. Keep media evenly moist but not saturated.
- Maintain 95% relative humidity until radicles emerge. Coleus is very sensitive to high salts, especially high ammonium during germination. Keep ammonium levels less than 10ppm.
- Germination: 72 -75ºF (22 to 24ºC)
Stage 2 Hypocotyl (Stem and cotyledon emergence)
- At stage 2 reduce soil moisture slightly to allow the roots to penetrate into the media. At stage 3 allow media to dry further until the surface becomes light brown before watering but avoid excessive wilting to promote root growth and control shoot growth.
- Stage 2: Days=72-75ºF (21 to 24ºC) Nights=60-65ºF (16 to 18ºC)
Stage 3 Cotyledon (Growth and development of true leaves).
- Coleus are low to moderate feeders, excessive feed can lead to dull coloration and decreased vigor. Apply fertilizer at rate 2 (100 to 175ppm ,predominately nitrate form with low phosphorus and high potassium.
- Stage 3: Days=60-62ºF (16 to 17ºC) Nights=55-60ºF (13 to 15ºC)
Stage 4 Getting ready for transplant/growing on period.
- Stage 4-Growing on stage-= Days=65-75ºF , (18o 24ºC) Nights=57-65ºF ºF (14to 18ºC)
GARDEN HINTS: Coleus are sensitive to cold temperatures and cold water. Plants can grow in full sun, however their colors become more brilliant in shade or partial shade.