This Rich fragrant KATZ Stock has long, strong stems with 1 1/2-2" blooms in apricot, bright pink, wine red, pale purple, creamy yellow, dark purple, pale pink, and pure white. This is an old favorite that is not seen as much as it should. Katz are the IDEAL CUT, this plant offers primarily double-flowered stems simply packed with petals that release a sweet fragrance. Expect the blooms to begin in mid-spring in most climates, cease in summer, and return for a fall encore.. Stock thrives in cooler weather or climates. They will not form flower buds in temperatures higher than the mid 60s. In warm weather areas, try planting them in the winter for spring blooms. Great for cuts, cottage garden borders and in the landscape. Flowers attract bees and butterflies. Deer resistant. Katz offers better uniformity across all colors than older series, not to mention improved heat tolerance. Named for a former plants man at Ball Seed, it is the first to flower and one of the most beautiful, reaching 24 to 32 inches high in full bloom.
100 Seeds Per Package.
Tips on How to Grow Stock from Seeds
Germination is in 7-21 days at 68- 70°F
SOW INDOORS 8-10 weeks before last frost. Direct Sow is not recommended.
- Sow Stock seeds early in the season and cover lightly with 1/8" of fine garden or potting soil. Water thoroughly when planting. Keep the soil most.
Do Not Cover Seeds, just press lightly into very moist soil and maintain moisture levels. If you are watering indoors do so from below, (sub-irrigate.) Keep at 60-70°F.
- Grow on at 60°; 1-2 weeks after the seedlings emerge to encourage rooting. Set out after danger of frost, spacing at 8-10".
- Light is necessary for germination.
- Transplant Stock into your garden after the last frost date for your area. Space them 8-10 inches apart. They will tolerate a little crowding.
- Once your Stock plants are established, they should grow well with few problems. Keep the soil moist to slightly dry. Water them during dry periods, once or twice per week. Keep them well weeded, or apply a 2-3 inch layer of mulch for a tidy appearance.
- Moisture: Very moist for days 1 – 3 or until radicle emergence. On days 4 – 7 reduce moisture to moist . Once actively growing, begin alternating between moisture levels wet and medium .
- Light: Full sun.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed