| 50 Seeds |
Happy Trails Portulaca Peppermint is to be the trailing cousin of the Happy Hour series. Winner of the Dallas Arboretum's "Flameproof" award for outstanding performance in extreme heat.The series has demonstrated a fantastic spreading habit in the garden with resplendent color. The Happy Trails resume also includes a short photoperiod, allowing growers to sow two weeks earlier than normal and achieve an early flowering window! Happy Trails Peppermint portulaca can be effectively grown and sold in packs, pots, combo’s and hanging baskets. Height: 6-9", 14 to 18" spread. Attracts Bees, butterflies. Great for containers, mass plantings or in a natural landscape.
Flower Garden – Tips on Growing Portulaca From Seed
- Keep media moist and near saturation by watering before planting seed.
- Do not cover or bury the seed, just press lightly into the wet soil, as Portulaca seeds needs light for germination.
- Place in a bag at a temperature of 75-80F or seal the seed tray inside a polythene bag until after germination, which usually takes 7- 14 days.
- Germination temperature is 75-80°, germination will take 7-14 days. Start sowing 6-8 weeks before transplanting.
- Transplant into your garden after all frost possibilities are past.
- You can transplant the seedlings when they have 4 true leaves 5-8 inches apart.
USDA Hardiness Zone -First Frost Date- Last Frost Date
- Zone 1 -July 15th -June 15th
- Zone 2 -August 15th- May 15th
- Zone 3 -September 15th May 15th
- Zone 4 -September 15th May 15th
- Zone 5 -October 15th April 15th
- Zone 6 -October 15th April 15th
- Zone 7 -October 15th April 15th
- Zone 8 -November 15th March 15th
- Zone 9 -December 15th February 15th
- Zone 10 -December 15th January 31st (sometimes earlier)
- Zone 11 _No frost. No frost.