Item #V-2086 | 200 Seeds | Price: $2.95
Excellent heat tolerance; does well in Coastal South (USDA zone 9), as well as in USDA zones 7 and 8. Heads are large, 6–10 lbs., and flat, making it easier to cut for processing. Perfect for making sauerkraut. 85 DAYS.
Vegetable Garden – Tips on Growing Cabbage from Seeds
| Sowing: |
- Cabbage Seeds Depth: ¼" (6mm)
- Germination soil temperature: 55-75º F
- Days to Germination: 5-12
- Sow indoors: 4-6 weeks before last frost
- Sow outdoors: 10-12 weeks before first frost (for fall crop)
| Growing |
- pH range: 6.2-7.5 (7.2-7.5 to inhibit club root)
- Growing soil temperature: 60-65º F
- Spacing in beds: Early varieties 12", late varieties 18".
- Watering: Heavy from planting to head formation, then moderate.
- Light: Full sun for best yield, tolerates partial shade.
- Nutrient requirements: N= high, P=high, K=high
| Rotation considerations for China Pacifiko Yr Cabbage Seeds: |
- Avoid following cabbage family plants.
- Good Companions: Bush beans, beet, carrot, celery, cucumber, dill, kale, lettuce, mint, nasturtium, onion family, potato, rosemary, sage, spinach, thyme and tomato.
- Bad Companions: Pole beans, strawberry.
- Plant fall cabbage 6 to 8 weeks before the first frost.
- Growing plants that have been exposed to cool weather become "hardened" and are tolerant of frost.
- Cabbage that matures in cool weather is deliciously sweet.
|Like most vegetables, cabbage needs at least 6 hours of full sun each day; more is better. It also needs fertile, well-drained, moist soil with plenty of rich organic matter. The soil pH should be between 6.5 and 6.8 for optimum growth and to discourage club root disease. |