-Item #V-2620 | 400 Seeds
Vegetable Garden – Tips on Growing Radishes From Seeds
Growing radishes are easy to grow key factor is to grow them fast and harvest them fast. Radishes are sensitive to any changes in their growth. They want cool, moist soil with organic matter, with a pH of about 6.5 and an available supply of nutrients. Radishes are at their best for a short time; as if they are left in the ground longer than they should be, they will be bitter and a pithy texture.
- ½” deep
- Soil Temperature 45º-90ºF (7-32º)C.
- Days to Germination 4-15
- Not recommended for Indoor Sowing
- Sow outdoors in cool conditions, in early spring and or early fall, for warmer climates winter is acceptable.
- pH range of 6 – 7
- Soil Temperature-62-67ºF
- Watering- Moderate to heavy
- Spacing –For smaller types sow 1” apart, for larger types sow 2” apart, then thin to 4-6”.
- Light- Provide full sun, but will tolerate partial shade in trade for smaller yields.
- Nutrients-N=low, P=low, K=low.
Precede with a legume cover crop.
- Good companions: Radishes are beans, beet, carrots, nasturtium, parsnip, peas and spinach.
- Bad companions: Fennel
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed