- About Us
Vegetable Seeds, Flower Seeds, Garden Seeds and Herb Seeds
Now Shipping 2017 Seeds
Questions ? Talk Now With Our Horticulturist at 1-303-465-3395.
A Family Owned Business Since 1995.
The 2B’s reflect Bees and Butterflies. Seeds are for the production of nectar and food for these pollinators. Bees play such a vital role in just about one out of three bites of food that we take, this would include nuts, berries, other fruits and vegetables. In 2005 when 2BSeeds was developed, we wanted to help insure that there would be more production for these beneficial insects. By growing bee friendly flowers you are making your contribution to the need of feeding.
We at 2BSeeds pledge that we do not knowingly buy or sell genetically engineered seeds or plants. We do offer many open-pollinated,F1 hybrid, Heirloom, AAS and FSM Winners that were selected for their outstanding performance in nationwide trials and evaluations. Our product lines at 2BSeeds offer you untreated as well as a few vegetable treated seed varieties. The seeds that we sell are produced by traditional open pollinated and cross-breeding methods. Throughout our site, you will see listed past and present All-America Selections Winners. The AAS Winners have been selected annually since 1932 based on actual performance of new, unsold flowers and vegetables at official test sites across the country. There are four trial categories: Flower Trial, Bedding Plant Trial, Cool Season Bedding Plant Trial and Vegetable Trial. Entries with the highest scores are then considered for introduction. Prior to introduction, each variety must meet several criteria to prove superior to those already on the market. When you choose an AAS Winner, you can be assured of the best performer locally and nationally. When packing our seeds, the majority are actually done by hand and we often over-pack them, so you're receiving more than the stated quantity. We conduct our own germination testing and have quality-control measures in every stage of our seed-handling operation. And many of our seeds are packed in our exclusive Fresh-Pak gold foil packets, which are lined to keep moisture out, so the seeds stay fresher for longer. Our on-staff horticulturists are ready and available to share their expertise to help you with the success of these seeds, so you can grow a beautiful and productive garden!
The Roots of 2B Seeds Horticulture Supplies and Services
2B Seeds Today
- OP =Open Pollinated , Simply it means that plants breed and produce seed by natural processes. It is a sign of the quality and vigor of a seed to grow well unaided. For several thousand years farmers have carefully guided this natural process, selecting the most desirable plants and collecting their for the next year, and passing on the best varieties, often the most valued. From their work we can now have a wide variety of food plants that have prospered over generations of gardeners and climatic conditions, each with its own unique qualities. We offer the highest quality seed that is available. All open pollinated seeds are not Heirloom.
- HL = Heirloom , Generally, heirloom plants are grown on a small scale using traditional techniques, and are raised from varieties that are at least 50 years old. All Heirlooms are Open Pollinated and over time growers save the seeds of their best plants—whether those are the most vigorous, disease resistant, flavorful, or beautiful. With unique shapes, sizes, and colors, heirloom plants often look different from commercial hybrids, which make up the bulk of supermarket fruits and vegetables.
- F1 = Hybrids, Hybrids have a lot of value, most especially to beginners and those in short season climates and or areas with cool nights. They are bred with the best traits of 2 parents. One parent could have more vigor and the other have exceptional flavor. While it is true that hybrids do not leave seed true to the plant it came from, all seeds have their own value.
- D=Detailed seed, tip of seed is trimmed for easier ability to sow.
- P=Pelleted seed, because some seed is so fine, we offer some of our seeds in pelleted form. Each seed is coated with an inert substance, enlarging it enough to be seen and to be sown easily.
- MP=Multi-pelleted seed, Coated seed with 4-7 seeds per pellet.
- HE=High Energy seeds, Selected for the highest germination rate.
- T=Treated seed, A treated seed is no different than giving a child a vaccination shot when they are young, the seed is given a protected cover to insure higher germination rate once it is planted in the soil, which soil contains many bacterias and fungi. If the seed is not treated the conditions in the soil can lower the germination rate or destroy the young seedling.
You can trust that our seeds and growing knowledge are backed by years of experience.
The Folks Behind 2B Seeds!